Sunday, January 13, 2008

find your voice.

This little phrase has so much meaning to me right now. I feel like I'm stuck in a big swamp. Do I have a voice? What is it saying? I find that Ali Edwards is quite an inspiring woman. She is a woman who knows what she wants and where she's going. Maybe I just have some more growing up to do. I'll be turning 23 this April. I'm a mother of two... I've gone through so much in my life... I thought I would have found my true self by now. I guess as the days go by I find myself getting closer, but I'm still so far away from where I'd like to be.

I was going through CK's Studio A Archive (found on her blog) and she had done an article on Intentions back in January of 2006. I found this to be rather motivating. My Intentions... I could start a whole list of intentions. Not to be completed in just a year, but a lifetime. A lifetime of intentions... in fact I think I would like to just start a little notebook of intentions... Things that are especially meaningful to me. The things that I feel will define me more wholly as a person...as ME.

I'll list a few right now. Learn to speak fluent Spanish. Take a writing course at our local college. (I'd like to be able to get my feelings out more easily and creatively) Find my Style as a Photographer to help define myself amongst the large industry. To adhere to a schedule to make everyday parenting easier. To not drink AS MUCH soda. Find a budget that works and say NO to my husband's spending habits!

That gives me a pretty good start, and now that I've got them out...maybe it'll be a little easier to follow through with them! And please do check out Ali's blog, she has inspired me quite a bit recently!

0 comments: