Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Prep!

It's been a busy day! We've been running today and it's bee a fairly productive day. At 11am we started getting the kids ready to go to the babysitter's. We were so lucky to have found such an awesome landlord. Jay does work for reduced rent, their 15 year old daughter (and our landlord's wife) watches the kids. We've only been out twice. Once last month for her to get the hang of the kids and meet them so Jay and I could go out to eat. Then today so Jay and I could get the things for us to prep for Easter. We were able to get some cute things. Easter is one of the Holiday's we don't really go all out for yet. No decorations or crazy amounts of food or basket goodies. Just simple and nice.

We were able to score these pails for the kids' "baskets" at Wal-Mart. Initially I had picked out three baskets for $4 each. But Jay suggested the pails...and I just had to agree. The things are going to be rough to fit in there, but at least those pails will last longer and be used more often (instead of just tomorrow). I got some candy from Walgreens because they had these Chocolate Creme Eggs by Russel Stover and Carrot Bagged Reece Pieces. Then I ran to Publix to grab some cake mix to make cupcakes on the fly!

Once we had picked up the kids and came home we quickly cleaned the house and the crap from the backyard (that the previous residents had left). Then we warmed up the leftover Chinese and sent Caliber to bed because he was acting REALLY grumpy because he had a full day with the babysitter and ended up taking his nap a little late, ha really like 5 hours late! After conquering my son, "Seek & Destroy" (as my step-mom - his Mamaw Ermlich - calls him) Brook and I set out to color some eggs! The egg coloring kit we got has these nifty little plastic cups already in it. I decided to only do a dozen eggs. And after trying last year to color eggs and then later trying to eat them only to discover they were SO NOT COOKED all the way, I decided to crack one open just to make doubly sure that I was successful in my attempt. That left us with 11 Eggs... still enough for a 4 year old and a 16 month old I think.

So following are some pics of our Easter Prep.


These are the coloring cups the kit came with!


These are the face stickers that came with it, Brooklynn had fun making the faces!


This is Humpty Dumpty... we made up our own rhyme, "Humpty Dumpty sat on the couch; Humpty Dumpty had a great ouch; All Brooklynn's horses and all Brooklynn's men couldn't put Humpty together again."


Brooklynn and I shared the cupcake making responsibilities.


Filling the cups.

And after Brooklynn went to bed.... the Easter bunny went to work with his surprises!


Adding Jelly Beans to the already frosted cupcakes...


And filling the spring pails with goodies!

**Coming up later - An Easter Morning Update!**

0 comments: