Friday, April 24, 2009

Gaping Holes...

There are gaping holes in my Project 365! I am so disappointed in myself.... but in my defense we haven't been doing much and I should really pull myself out of this funk entirely (someday hopefully) and stay on top of it. I do plan on filling in the holes of my project (only because out of 365 photos I think I'll be missing only a small portion.

And I want to upload some pics of our little trip we took last week. Our landlord invited Jay and I and the kids to his family's beach house of the west coast so Jay could fix up a few things that needed attention. Flagler Beach is where it is located and it is just BEAUTIFUL! The few from the balcony is just mind blowing.

The first day Bob showed Jay all the things needing attention while I occupied the kids and worked with Bob on web site information (I'm building a web site for his Beach House to be rented). Then around 3 ish (give or take an hour) we all took a walk on over to the beach. It was so great, some mini waves (a lot more than what we'd see on the East Coast - in the Gulf). We stayed long enough for the kids to play and for Jay to try his hand and body boarding. I also saw a number of Star Fish!

The next day we woke up and waited for Bob to wake up (he's a late riser). Brooklynn, Cal, Jay and I sat on the deck enjoying the breeze and sun. After waiting for a while Brooklynn wanted to go to the beach really bad. So I decided that she and I would take a stroll on the beach alone together. So we walked over, bucket in hand, and just walked along the beach picking sea shells and enjoying time together. I have to say it was just amazing to relax with the wind in my hair, ocean at my feet, and my daughter ahead of me holding her capri pants up running along the shore....

Afterward we headed back to house with our finds. I sorted while Brooklynn played with the little girls who lived next door. She enjoyed playing with friends, I really think it's been good for her to have these experiences. I honestly think she is more friendly and outgoing than I was. I still find sometimes that I'm reserved, but for my daughter's sake I really need to learn how to take a more proactive approach to making friends myself.

We ended up going back to the beach, I took the kids minus Edyn while Jay finished up the odd jobs with Bob. The girls tagged along and they all had fun digging huge holes and building a sand castle. Brooklynn was actually really bummed because the kite she wanted to fly had broken so she was unable to fly it. I will have to get her one to fly soon...

So we packed up the next morning, cleaned the house spotless, and headed back East. It really was a great and exciting trip.

Here are some photos of the vacation :)



















2 comments:

dawn said...

Cool site Sara Dawn Lifetouch pal

Helena said...

What fun pictures!

If your last name is Davis it should be "Keeping up with the Davises." Like Joneses is the plural of Jones.